ON SALE NOW: May 17 Pun Run!
And check out the line-up!
- Max & Ivan (Foster’s Edinburgh Comedy Award Panel Prize, 2011)
- Thom Tuck (Nominated Best Newcomer Award, Edinburgh 2011)
- H. Anthony Hildebrand ('H Anthony is rare, brilliant, funny and slightly retarded' -Tim Minchin)
- Ben Target (Leicester Mercury Comedian Of The Year, 2011)
- Grainne Maguire (Leicester Mercury New Act Of The Year, 2009)
- Marcus Ryan (Raw Comedy Runner-Up)
- Jim Campbell (Runner-Up Leicester Square Theatre New Comedian of the Year)
- Paul Gannon (of Geek Night Out fame)
- Chris Coltrane (Winner “Most Puns in 3 Minutes” - London Pun Run Competition 2011)
- Yianni Agisilaou (The World Stands Up)
- Adam Larter (“the sheer volume of his daft ideas is stunning… a very disorganised genius” - ★★★★ The Skinny)
Hosted by one of TimeOut’s “Top 5 Funniest Comedians on Twitter”:
7:30pm doors, 8pm start
The Camden Head
100 Camden High Street
Pun Run goes Bi-Mon
(Poster courtesy of Simon Taylor)
After the success of the London Pun Run 2011 competition, Pun Run is becoming a bi-monthly comedy night at Camden High Street’s Camden Head!
Each night will feature a selection of the UK’s finest break-through and up-and-coming acts performing 3-5 minute sets consisting entirely of puns and wordplay.
The first night opens on January 20 with the following fabulous line-up:
The Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre
Hosted by Bec Hill.
Entry is only £2. RSVP to the Facebook event here.
The future dates for Pun Run are:
The London Pun Run 2011
On November 17, the inaugural Pun Run competition was held. A silly night in which comics competed for various coveted “awards”, such as ‘Most Puns in 3 Minutes’ and ‘Biggest Groan’.
The aim of Pun Run was simple: perform a set consisting entirely of puns and wordplay. The turnout was larger than expected, with standing room only, possibly thanks to a TimeOut recommendation.
The winners were:
Judges’ Favourite - Martin Croser
Biggest Groan - Tom Appleton
Most Puns in 3 Minutes - Chris Coltrane (with 32 - roughly 1 every 6 seconds!)
Due to the high quality of acts, 3 runners-up were also added:
The night was topped off by a brilliant closing set by Sara Pascoe.
Big thanks to everyone we had on that night, those who came, those who helped and those who laughed.
You can listen to a roughly edited recording of the night here…